Friday, January 13, 2017

Vegan Protein Powder?

Hey there! If you're looking to lead a vegan life and love fitness like me, I have some tips for you about vegan protein! Many people think vegan protein powder has to cost a fortune and is gross, well it absolutely does not have to be either of those things! Here are my ratings on just a few vegan protein powders I've tried that you can find at most any Target, and sometimes Marshalls/TJMaxx has it which is nice because they generally have lower prices. I included links to these all in the vanilla flavor because I think it's the best flavor to have on it's own, plus you can add some coffee to it in the morning for breakfast, or mix it into a fruit smoothie!

Vega Sport Performance Protein: By far my favorite! It has the most protein of their line and also has things like BCAAs, probiotics (which is good for digestion) and superfoods like turmeric. It's also pretty low cal!

Vega Protein and Greens: Very good flavor, texture can be a little weird because of the "greens" part.

If you're not necessarily looking for a protein shake on it's own, but a protein powder to add to smoothies or foods try the Manitoba Harvest brand. Some Targets and grocery stores carry it, but it's organic and the non-flavored proteins don't have much taste, which I like when you're adding it to food or smoothies.

Obviously, I'm a pretty big advocate to the Vega line. I've also tried Olly vanilla protein powder (found at Target) and some other random, more expensive brands and I didn't think they were worth it. Please comment below for any yummy, wallet-friendly vegan protein powders!

***Stay away from soy based protein powders if you're consuming daily! It is not recommended to consume soy products daily and I found out the hard way. I was consuming GNC's soy protein powder once and sometimes twice a day and got more chunky! I lost about 5 lbs when I switched to non-soy protein powder and that was the only variable I changed at the time in my diet/exercise.***

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment